POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : unzip the source code error Server Time
26 Feb 2024 08:41:03 EST (-0500)
  unzip the source code error (Message 1 to 5 of 5)  
From: yaoyansi2
Subject: unzip the source code error
Date: 12 Feb 2009 13:05:00
Message: <web.4994644c8d3e83f0a438dadb0@news.povray.org>
Hi, all
I download povwin-3.6, unzip to POVRAY_ROOT, open povray.sln and compile project
'povray', it's OK. But when i compile the project 'codemax', it complains:
editview.cpp(395) : error C2001: newline in constant
editview.cpp(395) : fatal error C1057: unexpected end of file in macro expansion

here is the code in POVRAY_ROOT\windows\codemax\source\editview.cpp:
L392:  if ( bMBCS )
L393:   { chTab = _T('^'); chSpace = _T('`'); }
L394:  else
L395:   { chTab = _T('?); chSpace = _T('?); }

The chars must be unziped error. Then I try 7zip to unzip the source package,
but fail again.

So, Is there anyone can tell me the correct chars on line 395 of editview.cpp?
Thank you.


Post a reply to this message

From: triple r
Subject: Re: unzip the source code error
Date: 12 Feb 2009 16:05:00
Message: <web.49948e0a385abde2ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"yaoyansi2" <yao### [at] yahoocomcn> wrote:
> here is the code in POVRAY_ROOT\windows\codemax\source\editview.cpp:
> L392:  if ( bMBCS )
> L393:   { chTab = _T('^'); chSpace = _T('`'); }
> L394:  else
> L395:   { chTab = _T('?); chSpace = _T('?); }

Correction (notice the extra quotes):

> L395:   { chTab = _T('?'); chSpace = _T('?'); }

At least that's what I get decompressing the source, albeit not on Windows.

 - Ricky


Post a reply to this message

From: yaoyansi2
Subject: Re: unzip the source code error
Date: 12 Feb 2009 21:10:00
Message: <web.4994d582385abde2c81c6e8a0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "yaoyansi2" <yao### [at] yahoocomcn> wrote:
> > here is the code in POVRAY_ROOT\windows\codemax\source\editview.cpp:
> > L392:  if ( bMBCS )
> > L393:   { chTab = _T('^'); chSpace = _T('`'); }
> > L394:  else
> > L395:   { chTab = _T('?); chSpace = _T('?); }
>
> Correction (notice the extra quotes):
>
> > L395:   { chTab = _T('?'); chSpace = _T('?'); }
>
> At least that's what I get decompressing the source, albeit not on Windows.
>
>  - Ricky

Thanks for your reply,Ricky.
But how can I confirm whehter it is '?' or not?
Because I have met the similar problem in another project:
        charData[(i<<8)|((unsigned char)'?)].glyphMetrics.gmCellIncX=0;
        charData[(i<<8)|((unsigned char)'?)].glyphMetrics.gmCellIncX=0;
Fortunately, the source code of that porject can be viewed on web, and it is
found out to be:
        charData[(i<<8)|((unsigned char)'<')].glyphMetrics.gmCellIncX=0;
        charData[(i<<8)|((unsigned char)'>')].glyphMetrics.gmCellIncX=0;

So, Does the source code of pov-ray can be viewed on web? and how?


Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: unzip the source code error
Date: 12 Feb 2009 21:23:15
Message: <4994d993$1@news.povray.org>
yaoyansi2 wrote:
> So, Does the source code of pov-ray can be viewed on web? and how?

I would rather recommend you get yourself a working unzip utility...

	Thorsten


Post a reply to this message

From: Bob
Subject: Re: unzip the source code error
Date: 13 Feb 2009 18:26:10
Message: <49960192$1@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message 
news:web.49948e0a385abde2ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org...
> "yaoyansi2" <yao### [at] yahoocomcn> wrote:
>> here is the code in POVRAY_ROOT\windows\codemax\source\editview.cpp:
>> L392:  if ( bMBCS )
>> L393:   { chTab = _T('^'); chSpace = _T('`'); }
>> L394:  else
>> L395:   { chTab = _T('?); chSpace = _T('?); }
>
> Correction (notice the extra quotes):
>
>> L395:   { chTab = _T('?'); chSpace = _T('?'); }



Bob


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.