POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:53:45 EDT (-0400)
  Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account
Date: 14 Apr 2007 03:11:41
Message: <46207ead@news.povray.org>
Brian wrote:
> Images are posted at povray.binaries.images.

ok, thanks. I can confirm that it is the jpeg library, which creates some
temporary files during decoding of certain images. 3.62 and 3.7 won't have
that issue after next release. for now, the only workaround I could suggest
for those who find this thread and find that re-encoding does not solve the
problem is to attempt to have the scene file located on a drive to which the
user has write permission to the root, as the temp file is created in the
root dir of the current drive (which, with POVWIN, will be the drive on which
the primary input file is located).

One way to do this is to open a command-shell and use the subst command. If
for example your scene file is "c:\somepath\file.pov" and you want to create
drive L:, you would do this:

  subst l: "c:\somepath"

Then, render the file "l:\myfile.pov".

-- Chris