POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : filleting CSG objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:05:26 EDT (-0400)
  filleting CSG objects (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bathurstfreak
Subject: filleting CSG objects
Date: 11 Nov 2004 09:00:01
Message: <web.41936f72960218fb70d1465a0@news.povray.org>
A feature that would be really neat would be adding fillets to intersection
and difference objects. For example, the square edges created by this code
would become a fillet of specified radius. Could maybe fill the volume
within the CSG with spheres of set radius as long at the entire sphere was
within the object. Anyone got any better ideas?

intersection {
     sphere { <0, 0, 0>  2 scale <1,0.2,1> }
     sphere { <0, 0, 0>  2.2 scale <0.19,1,1> }}

Post a reply to this message

Bathurstfreak nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-11-11 08:56... :

>A feature that would be really neat would be adding fillets to intersection
>and difference objects. For example, the square edges created by this code
>would become a fillet of specified radius. Could maybe fill the volume
>within the CSG with spheres of set radius as long at the entire sphere was
>within the object. Anyone got any better ideas?
>
>intersection {
>     sphere { <0, 0, 0>  2 scale <1,0.2,1> }
>     sphere { <0, 0, 0>  2.2 scale <0.19,1,1> }}

I think that somebody wrote a macro for that.

Alain