POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How does one get POVray to output JPEGs, JPGs or PNGs instead of BMPs? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  How does one get POVray to output JPEGs, JPGs or PNGs instead of BMPs? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Paul H
Subject: How does one get POVray to output JPEGs, JPGs or PNGs instead of BMPs?
Date: 26 Feb 2003 19:00:14
Message: <web.3e5d53f8acbab0744a3f4c490@news.povray.org>
OK... I've read the docs... I've searched these newgroups... I know my mate
with POVray on a Linux box can do it... can anyone tell me how to get the
output file from POVray to be a PNG?

Section 5.2.2 of the docs imply you use a line like

Output_File_Type=+FN

But where? Apparently not in the .POV file. Or the pvengine.ini file. 'Cos
I've tried those.

The docs are excellent, but tend to assume you know what they mean a bit
(nowhere near as poor as Microsoft ones thank goodness).

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul H

Post a reply to this message