POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Add additional data embedded in [supported] output graphics files Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:07:13 EDT (-0400)
  Add additional data embedded in [supported] output graphics files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Add additional data embedded in [supported] output graphics files
Date: 28 Feb 2016 21:55:00
Message: <web.56d3b273af51b1d05e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I was just thinking about this -

Is there a simple way to add additional data to the file formats that allow it -
metadata, "Alternate Data Streams" for the information that pops-up when
hovering over the file in a directory, Squirreling away notes - author,
version/revision, (C), and maybe even SDL code inside PNG files, etc. ???

Having POV-Ray automatically post-process a file would be good, having this
capability as a native function of POV-Ray would be better   ;)

Being able to load such embedded SDL from a supported graphic file into POV-Ray
would be super cool as well   :)

Great way to simplify uploading all the data, and HOW you made that great
raytraced image wouldn't be lost....

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a simple way to add additional data to the file formats that allow it -
> metadata, "Alternate Data Streams" for the information that pops-up when
> hovering over the file in a directory, Squirreling away notes - author,
> version/revision, (C), and maybe even SDL code inside PNG files, etc. ???
>
> Having POV-Ray automatically post-process a file would be good, having this
> capability as a native function of POV-Ray would be better   ;)
>
> Being able to load such embedded SDL from a supported graphic file into POV-Ray
> would be super cool as well   :)
>
> Great way to simplify uploading all the data, and HOW you made that great
> raytraced image wouldn't be lost....

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C54d7aa78$1@news.povray.org%3E/

It's a "least common denominator" kind of a thing. Some formats don't
support a lot of metadata, therefore the other formats should also be
limited to this small amount.

Mike

Post a reply to this message