POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : default input name doesn't work Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  default input name doesn't work (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: default input name doesn't work
Date: 16 Jul 2002 08:08:51
Message: <5438jucur15rf1nkkipq0mbdnrmo1g2j17@4ax.com>
In documentation there is a note "you can now specify a POV file on the
command-line without the use of the +i switch (...), the POV file then should
be the last on the commandline." and that "the default input filename is
object.pov". But seems it interfere with windows specific settings. When I
call

pvengine /RENDER /EXIT

I expect it to open object.pov, render it with default settings and exit after
rendering. But engine stays opened with error:

Initialization Error: Could not find file '/EXIT.pov'

Moreover pvengine /RENDER doesn't work with default input file either.

Any confirmation ? Similiar problems with platform specific settings on other
platforms ?

ABX

Or default file name doesn't work becouse as specified in 1.9.1 it is supposed
only "to render the file following" ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message