POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation will not begin - various error messages Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Installation will not begin - various error messages (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: skywalker89
Subject: Installation will not begin - various error messages
Date: 6 Feb 2014 17:05:00
Message: <web.52f406bb55c07951a51907a00@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I recently downloaded POVray and was trying to begin the installation process,
but it won't even start. I get various error messages. I tried repeating the
download, but it seems that each download gives me a different error message.
Was wondering if anyone could help me. I believe in am working with a 32bit
system (messages on my computer say Win32).

Here is the first error message that I see:

"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download
and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

As I mentioned, I tried to download several other times, but these did not work
either. On another copy I got this message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is
incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line
sxtrace.exe tool for more details. "

Yet another copy gives me this message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close
the application."

I'm just trying to get the program installed at this point. Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

On 06/02/2014 10:03 PM, skywalker89 wrote:
> I'm just trying to get the program installed at this point. Any help would be
> appreciated!

What size was your download?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Am 06.02.2014 23:03, schrieb skywalker89:
> Hello,
>
> I recently downloaded POVray and was trying to begin the installation process,
> but it won't even start. I get various error messages. I tried repeating the
> download, but it seems that each download gives me a different error message.
> Was wondering if anyone could help me. I believe in am working with a 32bit
> system (messages on my computer say Win32).

Sounds like a browser or internet connection problem to me. Try clearing
the browser cache and re-downloading.

Post a reply to this message