POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray Include Files Update Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Include Files Update (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chris Colefax
Subject: POV-Ray Include Files Update
Date: 10 Aug 1998 05:04:32
Message: <35CEA034.7919251E@geocities.com>
The update for POV-Ray 3.1 continues, with new versions of the Object
Exploder, Lens Effects, and Galaxy include files, at:

   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434

All are fully compatible with POV-Ray 3.0x and POV-Ray 3.1, and
include rewritten HTML documentation.  In addition, all known bugs
have been fixed in each file, and new features include:

 Object Exploder: explode_start, explode_life, and time_scale
     options have been added, eliminating the need to use
     explode_clock

     object_orientation option has been added to explode
     non-orthogonal objects, and the disintegration option has been
     added to automatically shrink particles over time

     parsing is now considerably faster for explosions without a
     ground plane

 Lens Effects: a new spot-contraction option has been added for
     animations, so the spots rotate more effectively

The new files can be downloaded directly from:

   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/galaxy.zip
   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/lnsefcts.zip
   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/explode.zip

Post a reply to this message

Thank you oh great god of POV-Ray coding!!!  (insert gasps of wonder and awe
here...)

P.S. I'll update my website with the new lens effects files :-)

--
Lance Birch
http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

Chris Colefax <cco### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
> The update for POV-Ray 3.1 continues, with new versions of the Object
> Exploder, Lens Effects, and Galaxy include files, at:
>
>    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434
>
> All are fully compatible with POV-Ray 3.0x and POV-Ray 3.1, and
> include rewritten HTML documentation.  In addition, all known bugs
> have been fixed in each file, and new features include:
>
>  Object Exploder: explode_start, explode_life, and time_scale
>      options have been added, eliminating the need to use
>      explode_clock
>
>      object_orientation option has been added to explode
>      non-orthogonal objects, and the disintegration option has been
>      added to automatically shrink particles over time
>
>      parsing is now considerably faster for explosions without a
>      ground plane
>
>  Lens Effects: a new spot-contraction option has been added for
>      animations, so the spots rotate more effectively
>
> The new files can be downloaded directly from:
>
>    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/galaxy.zip
>    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/lnsefcts.zip
>    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/Download/explode.zip

Isthere still anyone who has the lnsefcts include file? Because I really could
use it, only the geocitys site is gone.

If someone has this include file that would be real helpfull.

Post a reply to this message