POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : GUI Extension license questions Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  GUI Extension license questions (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew Wilcox
Subject: GUI Extension license questions
Date: 15 Oct 2002 16:33:00
Message: <3dac7b7c$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, I'm trying to wrap up all the lose details of this GUI Extension, and
make sure I comply with the license.  Part of the license is that the source
code has to be made available.  I have no problem doing this, but I have
some questions.  I used the GUI Extension demonstration code from the
POV-Ray source distribution, and there's a big Copyright POV-Team 1996-2002,
Author Christopher J. Cason at the top.  I'm assuming that when I release
the source, I need to put back in the #error directives, take out the copy
text part, and remove the AUTHOR, EMAIL tag, etc.

My question is about the Copyright, and Author: Chris Cason.  I have no
problem leaving it in, but it's not entirely true. Also there's a big deal
made about not having anyone contact the POV-Team for support, and if I
leave it in, it's possible that someone might just do that.  Do I put a note
in that it only applies to the original GUI Demonstration code, and then put
my own Copyright and Author: in with it.  In general I just don't like to
remove a copyright.

What do I do?

Andrew Wilcox
--
#macro Q(A,E,W)box{-A/2,A/2pigment{rgb 9*W}translate E*A+W/1000}#end#macro
M(D,E)#local A=1/pow(3,D);#if(D<3)#local C=D+1;union{M(C,1)M(C,x+y)M(C,x+z)

Post a reply to this message