POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : frosted glass Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  frosted glass (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Kee Haskins
Subject: frosted glass
Date: 14 Sep 2001 23:26:25
Message: <3ba2ca61$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create the effect of having a thick piece of glass that is
frosted and etched with writing.  Next I would like to put a light inside of
the glass so that it would cause the writing to appear illuminated.  Like
glass signs in buildings.  I have created a piece of glass with writing on
it.  The writing is extruded and embedded into the glass.  When I put a
light source inside of the glass, I can see the light but the extruded
letters don't light up.  Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to create the effect of having a thick piece of glass that is
> frosted and etched with writing.  Next I would like to put a light inside
> of
> the glass so that it would cause the writing to appear illuminated.  Like
> glass signs in buildings.  I have created a piece of glass with writing on
> it.  The writing is extruded and embedded into the glass.  When I put a
> light source inside of the glass, I can see the light but the extruded
> letters don't light up.  Any ideas?

Use a color ambient for the text.
That would increase the render time.
--