POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Tentacle (win9x) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tentacle (win9x) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Peter Warren
Subject: Re: Tentacle (win9x)
Date: 19 Jan 2000 05:16:42
Message: <38858f0a@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte wrote in message <388### [at] xs4allnl>...
>I realized I should've posted this in the windows-group so I moved it
>there (I hope).
I didn't see it.

>It's sort of applied POV-amethics...
<grin>

>> The problem I have with your screensavers (and others)
>> is that they create extra windows and can hang my system
>> if I'm running something else (say... PovRay).
>
>Hmm.
>I didn't realize that could be a problem. What version of Windows are
>you using?

Remco, if you don't mind I'd like to email you about this personally.
I don't want to bore people with my problems on this.

>Also, the savers I have on my downloadpage are often not much more then
>a demonstration of some sort of programming or graphics trick.

One man's trick is another man's magic.

>I've left out the irritating tunes I tend to stick on some savers
Fine with me:)

Cheers,
Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Remco de Korte
Date: 19 Jan 2000 18:09:18
Message: <38864385.5F12D5F3@xs4all.nl>
Peter, I added the dropshadows like you suggested and I was very pleased
by the result myself, so thank you! To top that I also added a config
screen though there's little to configurate...

If anyone's interested, you can download the new version here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/download.html#tentacle

If this is considered spam please say so and I'll apologize and stop
posting these messages.

Remco

Post a reply to this message

> If this is considered spam please say so and I'll apologize and stop
> posting these messages.
>
> Remco

This is not spam as far as I am concerned and I don't think anyone else
has a problem with it either.

Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> schreef in berichtnieuws