POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Help with error message! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Help with error message! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Smith
Subject: Help with error message!
Date: 17 Dec 1999 09:48:58
Message: <385A4C9E.E58E7B9A@earthlink.net>
Everything was fine until I copied POV-Ray from drive C: to drive D: .
Now when I try to run it I get the Critical Error message: Error: Cannot
fine INI directory in expected directory.  can anyone help, or do I need
to download and reinstall.
Thanks
Paul

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:45:50 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
>Everything was fine until I copied POV-Ray from drive C: to drive D: .
>Now when I try to run it I get the Critical Error message: Error: Cannot
>fine INI directory in expected directory.  can anyone help, or do I need
>to download and reinstall.

You can probably get away with just fixing the various registry entries
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POV-Ray

> Everything was fine until I copied POV-Ray from drive C: to drive D: .
> Now when I try to run it I get the Critical Error message: Error: Cannot
> fine INI directory in expected directory.  can anyone help, or do I need
> to download and reinstall.
> Thanks
> Paul

I'm SORRY I mis-wrote the error message, it should read:
Cannot find INI directory in expected location.
again thanks for any help.

Post a reply to this message

I would just install POV-Ray onto drive D:.
Brendan Ryan