POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Not a but either but Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Not a but either but (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Not a but either but
Date: 15 Dec 1999 21:17:20
Message: <385874E0.72CA597@ij.net>
I realize it is annoying keeping track fo different
compiles but the windows release insert|ready-made
scenes all have an assumed_gamma of 1.0. However for
Windows hardware 2.2 is much closer to what is
required.

    Granted that is one of the first things one learns
as a beginner but why put it on the learning curve in
the first place?

Post a reply to this message

Not sure at all but maybe the MacIntosh uses the same sort of thing as the
PCs Windows version does, I always thought so anyhow since sometimes there
are similarities in the two computers GUI.  I have never seen any other kind
of computer in person besides those two.

Bob

"Matt Giwer" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message
news:385### [at] ijnet...
>     I realize it is annoying keeping track fo different
> compiles but the windows release insert|ready-made
> scenes all have an assumed_gamma of 1.0. However for
> Windows hardware 2.2 is much closer to what is
> required.
>
>     Granted that is one of the first things one learns
> as a beginner but why put it on the learning curve in
> the first place?

Post a reply to this message