POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : CTRL+Y Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  CTRL+Y (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: CTRL+Y
Date: 1 Dec 1999 17:32:14
Message: <3845A1A5.FA98B700@xs4all.nl>
gimi wrote:

> while the povray window is active,
> press alt-enter to go to the codemax
> props (menu editor/codemax properties),
> choose the keyboard tab and look for
> the &command LineCut (its the first
> starting with an 'l', so alt-c followed
> by the 'l' key will also bring you there).
> select the &key assignment (ctrl-y) and
> click the '&remove' button (er, youll find
> the keyboard equiv yourself by now.. :)
> next, you a&ssign the same shortcut to
> the following command, which is named
> 'LineDelete' and does what it says, which
> is what you and i want. :D

Okay, thanks, this'll solve it.
I could/should have looked for this myself, but I was just agitated by
the loss of ...etc

> > I just had to write this because once again I lost a large portion
> of
> > code I cut from a scene when I deleted aline before pasting it.
>
> aaarrgh d*rn again!
>
> > Cheers!
>
> hope this cheers _you_ up a bit..

Yep, thanks! Lalalala... 8)

> gimi
>
> master of _good_ yanking :)
> --

Bye,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrea Ryan
Date: 1 Dec 1999 22:37:28
Message: <3845E79C.22249A73@global2000.net>
Yikes! I didn't see that window before!  Now I'll use POV-Ray for C!  :-)
Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Becker
Date: 2 Dec 1999 06:22:19
Message: <3846582B.75A269E3@student.uni-siegen.de>
TonyB wrote:

> hand... have I betrayed my fellow lefties, or am I ambidextrous?
Which meaning of ambidextrous did you intend? ;-)
Nice pun.

Markus
--
Der deutsche Schlager ist aus dem Klofenster gesprungen....

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 2 Dec 1999 11:31:40
Message: <38469eec@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
: During the 3.1 beta period I pointed this out as a bug and the author
: of the CodeMax editor control wrote that it was the way he liked it

  This means that it should be configurable.

From: Ken
Date: 2 Dec 1999 11:39:31
Message: <3846A044.822CB983@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
> : During the 3.1 beta period I pointed this out as a bug and the author
> : of the CodeMax editor control wrote that it was the way he liked it
>
>   This means that it should be configurable.

It is. Just associate the control+y key stroke with the delete key in the
keyboard settings dialog. Personaly I just use the delete key.

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 2 Dec 1999 12:42:21
Message: <3846af7d@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: It is. Just associate the control+y key stroke with the delete key in the
: keyboard settings dialog. Personaly I just use the delete key.

  I didn't know that the delete key deletes one line at a time.

From: Remco de Korte
Date: 2 Dec 1999 16:33:20
Message: <3846E554.2C5B9AC2@xs4all.nl>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> : It is. Just associate the control+y key stroke with the delete key
> in the
> : keyboard settings dialog. Personaly I just use the delete key.
>
>   I didn't know that the delete key deletes one line at a time.

As far as I could find out it doesn't.
Ctrl-Del deletes up to the next space, which is fine by me (Ctrl-Alt-Del
is even more useful).

I've managed to remove the key assignment for LineCut but I seem to be
unable to assign a new shortcut to LineDelete. Is this just me?

Byebye, zwaaizwaai,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 3 Dec 1999 08:24:02
Message: <3847c472@news.povray.org>
I think that Ken got a bit confused about what's the problem.

  The problem is the following (if I understood it correctly):
  We want ctrl-y to delete one line but we don't want it to cut that line
into the clipboard, but the clipboard should stay unmodified instead. If
there is selected text somewhere, the selection should not disappear.

From: AC
Date: 14 Dec 1999 15:20:49
Message: <3856a6a1@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> TonyB wrote:
> >
> > >Since I am left handed and the mouse is in my left hand...
> >
> > Ah, I see you are from the previous generation... I've adapted to this
> > cruel, right-handed world in my short life, and use the mouse with my
right
> > hand... have I betrayed my fellow lefties, or am I ambidextrous?
>
> I am able to use a mouse in either hand but seem to prefer the left hand
> out of habit. It leaves my right hand free to use the arrow keys and
> numeric keypad without having to drop the mouse each time.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1200+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

I Use the shift - ins meathod, Most of the time it is quicker to copy a
whole line with just the keyboard than takeing my hand to the mouse and
hilighting that way.