POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Feature request: Changed order of statistics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: Changed order of statistics (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mikael Carneholm
Subject: Feature request: Changed order of statistics
Date: 2 Nov 1999 17:54:26
Message: <381F6B95.4896CE83@ida.utb.hb.se>
I've been thinking of one thing ever since I started animating with POV:

Why isn't the

"00:04:38 so far, Rendering frame 74, going to 100."

- information displayed last of all the statistics when doing an
animation? It's quite hard to find the text in the message window when
you're interested in which frame is rendering during an animation with
the current version of POV-Win (and all previous versions as well). If
it was displayed last of all the statistics, it would fit perfectly in
the small message window at the bottom of the editor when having a scene
file or INI file open during an animation. Could this be implemented in
the next POV-Win version?

Regards,

- Mikael.

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse

Post a reply to this message

> I've been thinking of one thing ever since I started animating with POV:
>
> Why isn't the
>
> "00:04:38 so far, Rendering frame 74, going to 100."
>
> - information displayed last of all the statistics when doing an
> animation? It's quite hard to find the text in the message window when
> you're interested in which frame is rendering during an animation with
> the current version of POV-Win (and all previous versions as well). If
> it was displayed last of all the statistics, it would fit perfectly in
> the small message window at the bottom of the editor when having a scene
> file or INI file open during an animation. Could this be implemented in
> the next POV-Win version?
>
> Regards,
>
> - Mikael.

I have also wanted this to be a bit easier to locate with animations. I found a
simple workaround though, by adding a #debug statement at the end of your
scenefile (#debug concat(str(clock,3,0)+"\n") if clock is the same as the
framenumber, otherwise calculate the framenumber).

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

>I've been thinking of one thing ever since I started animating with POV:
>
>Why isn't the
>
>"00:04:38 so far, Rendering frame 74, going to 100."
>
>- information displayed last of all the statistics when doing an
>animation? It's quite hard to find the text in the message window when
>you're interested in which frame is rendering during an animation with
>the current version of POV-Win (and all previous versions as well). If
>it was displayed last of all the statistics, it would fit perfectly in
>the small message window at the bottom of the editor when having a scene
>file or INI file open during an animation. Could this be implemented in
>the next POV-Win version?

The fix for this one (using the 3.1e source) is to replace line 541 of file
povray.c which reads:

    Render_Info("Rendering frame %d, going to %d.",

with:

    Render_Info("Rendering frame %d, going to %d.\n",

and then recompiling POV-Ray.  The line number may be different in other
versions of the source code.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

Had the same problem. Here is my solution:
In the file that contains the animation settings
I include the lines
All_Console  = 0
Render_Console  = 1
The report is kept to two lines about