POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:39 EDT (-0400)
   (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Me  :)
Date: 11 Sep 1999 20:21:32
Message: <37daf20c@news.povray.org>
Here's one for the experts...
I have just reformatted my hrd drive, and of course the first serious app
I reinstalled was Povray.
But now I have a Povray without a toolbar !!
The toolbar area is blank, until I move the mouse over the toolbar, then the
buttons appear.
I have already tried reinstalling it twice, and I tried reinstalling my
display card drivers too, with no luck.
Anybody have an idea what could be the prob ??
TIA.   :)
--
Charl Rousseau
Email : cra### [at] netactivecoza

Post a reply to this message

> I have just reformatted my hrd drive, and of course the first serious app
> I reinstalled was Povray.
> But now I have a Povray without a toolbar !!
> The toolbar area is blank, until I move the mouse over the toolbar, then the
> buttons appear.
> I have already tried reinstalling it twice, and I tried reinstalling my
> display card drivers too, with no luck.
> Anybody have an idea what could be the prob ??
> TIA.   :)
> --
> Charl Rousseau
> Email : cra### [at] netactivecoza
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I was born an original sinner,
> I was born from original sin. - Annie Lennox

I seem to recall a problem with Internet Explorer 5 causing this problem but
I don't know what the fix was. Take a look through this group a ways back and
you might find a related article or two on this problem and a possible fix.

If that isn't it I am clueless and apologize for my lack of help.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

Date: 12 Sep 1999 05:27:41
Message: <37db720d@news.povray.org>
In my case the problem of the initially invisible toolbar buttons
disappeared when installing POV-Ray version 3.1g over version 3.1e.

Santi

> Here's one for the experts...
> I have just reformatted my hrd drive, and of course the first serious app
> I reinstalled was Povray.
> But now I have a Povray without a toolbar !!
> The toolbar area is blank, until I move the mouse over the toolbar, then
the
> buttons appear.
> I have already tried reinstalling it twice, and I tried reinstalling my
> display card drivers too, with no luck.
> Anybody have an idea what could be the prob ??
> TIA.   :)

Post a reply to this message

> I have just reformatted my hrd drive, and of course the first serious app
> I reinstalled was Povray.
> But now I have a Povray without a toolbar !!
> The toolbar area is blank, until I move the mouse over the toolbar, then the
> buttons appear.
> I have already tried reinstalling it twice, and I tried reinstalling my
> display card drivers too, with no luck.
> Anybody have an idea what could be the prob ??
> TIA.   :)
> --
> Charl Rousseau
> Email : cra### [at] netactivecoza

It's a problem with a dll called comctl32.dll. It's a known problem (not a bug).
Standard Windows95 install doesn't have the 'cool buttons', the dll that comes
with IE4 (or 5) does. Sorry I'm a bit vague, hope this helps anyway.

Remco