POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Reporting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:09 EDT (-0400)
  Memory Reporting (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: newsadmin
Subject: Re: Memory Reporting
Date: 27 Jul 1999 18:08:52
Message: <37a02c46.37793875@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>It must be extremely poor memory management if it requires a 200 meg overhead
>to operate in. The numbers are still not adding up even given what you and

Be aware that (as previously stated) each memory allocation (depending on the
compiler) can have a significant overhead. The memory has to be tracked by the
compiler's run time library, and POVRAY also adds an overhead.

FWIW, the overhead for POVWIN is about 20 bytes, plus that of the run-time
library (perhaps another 20 bytes?) Also don't forget that each object can use
multiple memory allocations, depending on what you do with them.

Post a reply to this message