POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vectors... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Vectors... (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: T'vakah
Subject: Vectors...
Date: 22 Jul 1999 21:33:56
Message: <3797c684@news.povray.org>
I just downloaded 3.1g and after reading the update list and am completely
clueless as to what a 4D and, especially, 5D vector are.  Is this somehow an
aproximation of what a 4 or 5 dimension obejct would look like from 3D
space?

T'vakah

Post a reply to this message

> I just downloaded 3.1g and after reading the update list and am completely
> clueless as to what a 4D and, especially, 5D vector are.  Is this somehow an
> aproximation of what a 4 or 5 dimension obejct would look like from 3D
> space?
>
> T'vakah

Only certain functions will accept 5D vectors

A 5D vector = <a,b,c,d,e>
e.g. pigment { rgbft <1,1,1,1,1> }

a float value is a single value such as - rotate x

Vectors are enclosed in < >
a float is a single expression or number

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm