POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Feature request: Hotkey for command line parameters Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:09 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: Hotkey for command line parameters (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Feature request: Hotkey for command line parameters
Date: 1 Jul 1999 05:00:52
Message: <377b2e44@news.povray.org>
Since I'm very accustomed to the command line version of povray, I like
to use the command line parameters (from Render/Render settings menu) to
specify what I want (except for the image size which is most easyly selected
from the menu at the left of the povray window). It's the easiest way to me
to specify options.
  However, each time I want to change the parameters (and this happens quite
often), I have to select the render menu and the rendering settings and
click the command line parameters text field to be able to set the parameters.
  It would be fine if there was a hotkey (alt+something) to open the
rendering settings menu with the focus in the command line parameters field
(so that you could just press the hotkey and then type the parameters).
There are hotkeys for other usual tasks (like saving, ctrl-s or rendering,
alt-g) which I use a lot.
  Of course I could get to that field using the keyboard, but it's so hard
that it doesn't matter if I use the keyboard or the mouse. A hotkey could
be nice.

  If there is a hotkey for this, I'm sorry... :)