POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Changing default Save as folder Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Changing default Save as folder (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Changing default Save as folder
Date: 10 May 1999 02:04:23
Message: <373668A3.EBB841A8@aol.com>
In the spirit of Lewis' question about changing the output folder I have
my own, similar question, and there may not be a answer.
I'm annoyed with a File/Save as... defaulting to C:\Windows (I couldn't be
alone in this, right?). If a new file is started in the editor and then
the Save button clicked or File/Save as... chosen then the first place it
goes to is there and I have to navigate back out and into the C:\Program
Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\Scene folder if I want to keep the file
there.
I tried changing a registry entry once which seemed the appropriate place
to change this (it was a path stating C:\Windows within the POV-Ray
hierarchy) however no go. Any ideas you smart Windows users?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

Hmm, mine defaults to c:\Program...\PovRay...\bin\

Weird.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet

Post a reply to this message

>In the spirit of Lewis' question about changing the output folder I have
>my own, similar question, and there may not be a answer.
>I'm annoyed with a File/Save as... defaulting to C:\Windows (I couldn't be
>alone in this, right?). If a new file is started in the editor and then
>the Save button clicked or File/Save as... chosen then the first place it
>goes to is there and I have to navigate back out and into the C:\Program
>Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\Scene folder if I want to keep the file
>there.
>I tried changing a registry entry once which seemed the appropriate place
>to change this (it was a path stating C:\Windows within the POV-Ray
>hierarchy) however no go. Any ideas you smart Windows users?

hmmmm. I'm using 3.1a and the save as default folder is the folder the file
I'm trying to save is in..

What ver are you using?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features