POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Suggestion for POV-Win 3.1d Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion for POV-Win 3.1d (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Suggestion for POV-Win 3.1d
Date: 4 Feb 1999 23:43:48
Message: <36bb7727.2503144@news.povray.org>
Is it possible that, instead of, or in addition to the currently
implemented average rendering speed indicator of the windoze GUI, a
current speed indicator (updated every second) is displayed, as well
as an estimate based on one or both of them (selectable)? With the
current implementation it is nearly impossible to predict how long a
picture will take to render if you haven't done a complete render of
it before (unless you've been raytracing too long :) ). Also, it would
be useful if, when using mosaic preview, an estimate is made after
each pass has been finished. Do these ideas seem reasonable? If so,
are they difficult to implement?

Peter

Post a reply to this message