POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: INFO: Povray to Vrml converter Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INFO: Povray to Vrml converter (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Bob Crispen
Subject: Re: INFO: Povray to Vrml converter
Date: 23 Mar 1999 10:54:00
Message: <36F7B8C6.2C7C3129@hiwaay.net>
Hassoun wrote:

> does anyone have information about the above mentioned subject?

Keith Rule's Crossroads3D:
http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/

It only converts POVRay 2.2, but it does pretty well on triangle
meshes, in my experience.  It's also been my experience that you
generally need to edit your POVRay files somewhat to take out
the 3.x features before it will load them.  You might also look
to see if your favorite modeler for POVRay exports VRML.  Many
of them do.
--
Bob Crispen
cri### [at] hiwaaynet