POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installing POVRay 3.1 on NT Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Installing POVRay 3.1 on NT (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John Wingfield
Subject: Installing POVRay 3.1 on NT
Date: 10 Feb 1999 13:51:50
Message: <IfSqKAAAicw2Ewgj@bdrs.demon.co.uk>
I recently experienced problems installing POVRay 3.1 on a Windows NT
Workstation.  The installation program required the updating of a certain
DLL before it would install POVRay.  Unfortunately, my network manager
is reluctant to update the DLL across the network because this could
cause incompatibility problems with other software.

Would it be possible for the POV Team to put together an NT distribution
with the option too keep DLLs in the POVRay directory - I understand that
MS Windows will search the program directory for DLLs before looking
elsewhere, so it should be possible to solve this problem.

Yours

John Wingfield

--
John Wingfield
Department of Physics, King's College London

Post a reply to this message

I had a similar problem. It complained about not being able
to use a specific DLL (I thought it had to do with my NT
box being multiprocessor, because before it was no prob.)

But I just ignored it, the installation progress went on fine
and POVray runs like a charm.

markus

John Wingfield wrote:

> I recently experienced problems installing POVRay 3.1 on a Windows NT
> Workstation.  The installation program required the updating of a certain
> DLL before it would install POVRay.  Unfortunately, my network manager
> is reluctant to update the DLL across the network because this could
> cause incompatibility problems with other software.
>
> Would it be possible for the POV Team to put together an NT distribution
> with the option too keep DLLs in the POVRay directory - I understand that
> MS Windows will search the program directory for DLLs before looking
> elsewhere, so it should be possible to solve this problem.
>
> Yours
>
> John Wingfield
>
> --
> John Wingfield
> Department of Physics, King's College London
> http://www.maxwell.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~jw96/

--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens