POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.1 available! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.1 available! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.1 available!
Date: 22 Dec 1998 19:10:13
Message: <36803550.60447579@194.174.214.110>
Moray V3.1 For Windows                   Munich, 22nd December 1998
----------------------

We are excited and proud to announce that Moray V3.1 For Windows has
been released and is now ready for downloading from our website.

Download
--------
Point your browser to http://www.stmuc.com/moray and proceed to the
Downloads page.
Or use your FTP client and point it to ftp.stmuc.com and go
to the subdirectory /pub/moray and retrieve moraywin.exe.

Platforms
---------
This version runs under Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 95 only. This
release requires POV-Ray 3.1 For Windows.

Features
--------
This version build on the solid base that Moray V3.0 provided and
adds many new features, some large, some rather subtle.

The Look-and-Feel hasn't changed at all, so you should feel right at
home if you've used any previous version of Moray.

It now supports POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows and seamlessly integrates it
into Moray. The Material Editor supports all POV-Ray 3.0 texture
options (we hope; there are endless mutations).

Moray now supports local coordinates for each object (sometimes
referred to as a pivot point) and allows you to limit transformations
of objects to certain values.

The new Plugin interface is probably the most useful feature in the
long-run. The C/C++ DLL-based interface allows access to many Moray
internals and we hope to see many additions to enhance Moray for
tasks that people require but we cannot add. The Plugin SDK will be
available shortly.

Inverse Kinematics is a comfortable way of arranging the
joints of an hierarchical object in a scene.

Setup is hassle-free and Moray runs out of the box. But you can still
customize many aspects of its operation.

Registration
------------
Moray V3.1 For Windows costs DM 149. See the accompanying order form
in the shareware version for details or visit the Registration page
on our website in a day or two (http://www.stmuc.com/moray).

We'd love to hear from you. Send us comments and feedback at
mor### [at] stmuccom.

Have fun!

- Lutz Kretzschmar
  Markus Lutz