POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Problems with AMD+Win98 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with AMD+Win98 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mauro
Subject: Problems with AMD+Win98
Date: 7 Nov 1998 21:52:36
Message: <364505CA.19CAD344@usa.net>
Hi all, I have a big problem with PovRay, I can't use it at all and I
was used to use it often for fun and work. I bought a new pc, is an AMD
K6 3D 300MHz and Win98 as OS. I installed PovRay 3.02 as I had on my old
pc, another AMD K6 but smaller, and with that PovRay had no problems, on
the new pc I have a crash of PovRay (on the engine) as soon as I launch
a render, even with complex scene or with blank page of editor, on every
render there is the same error and PovRay crush down. I used to model
the scenes first with the Windows version at the lowest resolution and
then use for the final rendering PovRay for Dos. But it's a pain to use
PovRay for Dos as a test rendering, I wonder if anyone of you knows why
I have this problem and if there is a solution.

Thanks a lot to everyone who will help.

Please include my address "pm### [at] usanet" in the cc of the reply to my
message, I'll not be able to read the news, is always freezed this
server from Italy except very at very late night (I'm sending this
message at almost 4am).

Bye bye from Italy!

Mauro