POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Color Map generator Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:08 EDT (-0400)
  Color Map generator (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Marc SCHEFFER
Subject: Color Map generator
Date: 23 Sep 1998 18:59:04
Message: <36096EFD.C0E73879@wanadoo.fr>
Yes, I did it... Well, of course, it's still under beta testing, but as
I must say I have a great respect for PoV and the fellows who were fair
enough to let us get it so freely, I think I'll build up a web page and
leave the soft as a freeware... If it can be of any interest for any of
you.

After a few tests, I must say that I can get very impressive results on
PoV rendering with accurates color maps, and I can build a full 256
scaled CM in 2 or 3 mouse clicks... Interesting, isn't it ? With the
possibility to save it as an include file or to copy it to the clipboard
(of course ... ;-) ), and  also being able to launch a variety of
preview forms rendering.

Done with Visual Basic, the whole bunch makes a heavy 2Mo package, but
the exe by itself is no more than about 250 ko uncompressed.

Before getting in troubles like html developpment and so on, I'd like to
know if any of you would be interested in it. If so, please e-mail me at
one of the two adresses below, or leave me a message here. I'll be
pleased to answer to any comment, and to share it. (Remove XX before
answering..)

XXm### [at] wanadoofrXX

or

XXm### [at] francetelecomfrXX