POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: G  Berry
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? (To be fixed in next release)
Date: 8 Sep 1998 10:23:03
Message: <35f52704.37473476@news.povray.org>
Chris,

My angry tone is not, I REPEAT NOT from finding a bug in the software.
I expected to find bugs in the sofware. I also expected to report any
bugs that I found, unless it was obvious to me that they had already
been reported. I can also say that I love the new POV-Ray, bugs and
all. Even if nothing was ever improved upon from this point further, I
would still be happy about the software.

I never lost my temper or my patience *until* you were rude to me
personally. My angry tone is due to your petty dismissal of my efforts
and my personal character. That was totally uncalled for.

I certainly *did* complain to you in my last post, but the complaint
was about being sarcasticly attacked by you. I find it hard to believe
that you can't admit that you were rude to me.

I still respect you as a programmer, and as a human being. Perhaps
there are pressures or influences in your life that are making you
tempramental, if so, that comes with being human and I could
understand that. I just wish to God, you could at least stop trying to
belittle me.

As for honoring your request to not reply to your post:

You started this personal antagonism, and I don't feel obligated to
cater to the whims of an antagonist. Unlike your copyrighted beta
software, you don't own the rights to me. If you remain silent, or at
least non-offensive toward me from now on,  then this *will* be the
last post or email I shall send to you on this matter.

Goodbye, and may we both find the ability to forget about this,
Glen

Post a reply to this message