POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win: Several ideas not too difficult to implement, some more difficult, and some bugs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Win: Several ideas not too difficult to implement, some more difficult, and some bugs (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: POV-Win: Several ideas not too difficult to implement, some more difficult, and some bugs
Date: 4 Sep 1998 14:53:50
Message: <35f0292e.0@news.povray.org>
Well I've come up with several ideas for improving the gui even more. I
really think these aren't too difficult to implement, but on the other hand,
they are not something I'll die if I don't see.

1. Display of current and total frame numbers in the render window caption
and on the taskbar button pop-up (when minimized)

2. A current speed [pps] indicator and a time estimate based on this,
possibly even for animations, too

3. POV-Ray sound events (so that I don't hear "We're ready, master!" when I
make a wrong movie in Solitaire :)

And here are some that are more difficult and maybe not as needed:

1. Optional interpolation when maximizing the Render window via Windoze
StretchDIBits ()

2. Optional customizeable and context-sensitive auto-text. For example: type
orth<enter> and orthographic is typed for you, or loc<enter> and location
<_,_,_> is typed for you, the cursor is placed in the first blank, you fill
it andgo to the next by hitting the right arrow. Can this be done with with
a GUI extension, and if so, can it be done before the official comes out.

Lastly, here are two bugs in the GUI I've encountered:

1. If I try to maximize the render window and it is very small, I get a
StretchDIBits () failed! (Windows error) message. Well, maybe not a GUI bug,
but a Windoze one (as it says) - is this message written by POV or by
Windows?

2. If I have entered command-line options via theshift+rubberband option and
later decide to delete them, the first time I render thay are still active,
and after that they are off, as they should.

3. The material and df3 keywords are not syntax highlighted

Well, that's it for now. As always, these are just ideas, and the bugs (?)
aren't such a pain as to report them officially since the POV functionality
is not affected by them in any way.  On the other hand, that's why POV is in
beta stage -- to report bugs, right?

Peter