POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov-ray please help !!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  pov-ray please help !!! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Squiggz
Subject: pov-ray please help !!!
Date: 1 Sep 1998 18:14:22
Message: <35ec63ae.0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to convert a pov file into jpg or gif or anything that can be
viewed by psp...

please help...I'm new here :-)

squ### [at] c-gatenet

Post a reply to this message

From: K  Tyler
Subject: Re: pov-ray please help !!!
Date: 1 Sep 1998 18:23:21
Message: <35EC6557.5C927CB3@pacbell.net>
Squiggz wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a pov file into jpg or gif or anything that can be
> viewed by psp...
>
> please help...I'm new here :-)
>
> squ### [at] c-gatenet

  I'm assuming you have POV-Ray installed on your machine.
Once you have made a .pov file you need to render the file to
produce an image. Open the .pov file into POV-Ray, find the
render section on the menu bar and choose "render", and if there
no mistakes in your scene you will see the image being rendered
on the screen. At the same time it is writing a file to disk with the
same name as your .pov file with the extension .tga.
Once it finishes rendering, exit POV-Ray, and look for a picture
with the same name as your .pov file in the same directory as the
.pov file. You could use the browse feature in PSP. It will be there.

Good luck.

K.Tyler

Post a reply to this message