POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Beta 6 Rubber Band Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 6 Rubber Band (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Reynolds
Subject: Beta 6 Rubber Band
Date: 1 Sep 1998 03:50:01
Message: <35EB990B.F8FCC2CA@bellsouth.net>
First off! Great Job Chris and the PovTeam!!!!

The rubber band feature in PovWin b6 is great, however one small
request.

Instead of returning actual pixel positions and pasting that to the
command line could you use percentages so that the region can be
rendered at a higher resolution?
Thank You

Thanks to WinMain Software for the CodeMax editor!
Thanks to Chris and freinds for encorporating it into PovRay Win.

David Reynolds

Post a reply to this message

>Instead of returning actual pixel positions and pasting that to the
>command line could you use percentages so that the region can be
>rendered at a higher resolution?

yes, this is already planned. I expect it'll be in the next beta (not in 6b,
which is being released today).

Post a reply to this message

>>Instead of returning actual pixel positions and pasting that to the
>>command line could you use percentages so that the region can be
>>rendered at a higher resolution?
>
>yes, this is already planned. I expect it'll be in the next beta (not in
6b,
>which is being released today).

6b? Today - 9/1/98?
Was there anything in particular that prompted such a quick
next-release? Any compelling reasons not to skip 6b? (Asked
due to current time constraints.)

Post a reply to this message