POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installing on NT Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Installing on NT (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Karl B Werf
Subject: Installing on NT
Date: 31 Aug 1998 07:41:01
Message: <35EA7DDF.38AB9D28@student.liu.se>
I have just started studying, and of course I wanted to install POV-ray
on my account
in the university. But It won't install, I've tried downloading the
three different files of
POV-ray for windows(ftp, http and the split one). As soon as I try to
install it I get an
error message: "corrupt installation detected"
could this have to do with me not being able to write to the registry or
something.
We're using WinNT 4.0 and I can install moray...

Karl B Werf
kar### [at] studentliuse
2MUD|!2B

Post a reply to this message

POV-Ray for windows runs just fine on windows NT 4.0, with and without
service pack 3 installed, so it is probably a corrupt download like the
error message suggests.

-Mike

Karl B Werf wrote:

> I have just started studying, and of course I wanted to install POV-ray
> on my account
> in the university. But It won't install, I've tried downloading the
> three different files of
> POV-ray for windows(ftp, http and the split one). As soon as I try to
> install it I get an
> error message: "corrupt installation detected"
> could this have to do with me not being able to write to the registry or
> something.
> We're using WinNT 4.0 and I can install moray...

Post a reply to this message

I have tried downloading it about 6 times now.