POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Computing normals for use in smooth_triangle Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Computing normals for use in smooth_triangle (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: Computing normals for use in smooth_triangle
Date: 10 May 1998 00:09:26
Message: <35552876.2EC1244E@dccmail.com>
I have an object that isdescribed by a large number of triangles.  I
have the x,y,z coordinates for each vertex of every triangle.  Can
anyone explain how to calculate the normal vectors for me to use with
the smooth_triangle function in POVray?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

-----

"He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is, or very soon

will be, void of all regard for his country."  Samuel Adams

Post a reply to this message