POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : saving an image Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  saving an image (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: George
Subject: saving an image
Date: 7 Feb 1998 21:38:52
Message: <34dd2850.0@news.povray.org>
I cant figure out how to save my scene as an image file (jpg, pcx, etc.),
can Pov-Ray do this?, if so, how?, if not, how should I go about it?

Thanx
George

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken Cecka
Subject: Re: saving an image
Date: 7 Feb 1998 22:52:10
Message: <34dd38ea.0@news.povray.org>
By default, povray saves the image it renders as a targa file (*.tga) in the
same directory where the pov file was.  You can get pov to output several
other formats (look in the docs for info on how to do this), or just convert
the tga's to your preferred format.  For Windows 95, LView Pro can perform
this conversion, or PaintShop Pro.  On unix systems (HPUX and Linux at
least), xv can read tgas.  I don't know about macs, don't use them much.

Ken