POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : ini anim messes scale? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  ini anim messes scale? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Kevin Bath
Subject: ini anim messes scale?
Date: 3 Mar 1998 08:38:18
Message: <34FC07C9.5109@rant.demon.co.uk>
Hi,

just returned to POV after a  few years break - nice windows version!

I seem to have a strange problem, probably caused by me being a bit
crap. I am setting up a REALLY simple ini file to animate a texture wave
on a plane - however - if I render the .POV scene directly, all the
scaling is OK, but if I render from the .INI file, the scaling statement
is ignored.

I have included the really short files below, just in case anyone can
help.

**INI FILE
Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.2
Antialias_Depth=3
Test_Abort_Count=100

Input_File_Name=waterplane.POV

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=10
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1
Cyclic_Animation=on
Pause_when_Done=off

**POV file

#declare PH = clock
#version 3.0
global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

camera {
  orthographic
  location <0, 0, -10>
  right 15 * 4/3 * x
  up 15 * y
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
}

light_source { <50, 50, -100> color red 0.7 green 0.7 blue 0.7 }
light_source { <0, 0, -10000> color red 0.7 green 0.7 blue 0.7 }

plane { <0, 0, 1>, 3
        pigment {
        image_map  {
        tga "bullfrog.tga"
        map_type 0
        interpolate 2
        } // image_map
       // scale 20.0
        translate <10.0, -10.0, 0.0>
        } // pigment
  finish { ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.4 phong .3}
  normal { waves 0.4 phase PH }
scale 40
}