POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Speeding up my performace... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Speeding up my performace... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: John P  Kavanagh
Subject: Speeding up my performace...
Date: 2 Jan 1998 17:10:19
Message: <34AD65CB.C8F6E0F0@aol.com>
Happy New Year!

I currently use my IBM Aptiva S-90 200mhz Pentium MMX , 32mb RAM, 2MB
ATI Mach 64.
I use POV-Ray v3.2 32bit

What hardware should I purchase to speed up my rendering performance?

Thanks, and please reply by email.

--
John P. Kavanagh
Kav### [at] aolcom

Stellar Link    http://stellarlink.base.org
  - Web Page Design
  - Photorealistic Art
  - Space Resources on the Internet
  - Space Consulting

PGP public key available upon request.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Grubb
Subject: Re: Speeding up my performace...
Date: 2 Jan 1998 18:17:51
Message: <34AD759E.9E90C3B0@neta.com>
More memory and SCSI only. Having only SCSI in your system can reduce
render
times 30%

Timothy A. Grubb

John P. Kavanagh wrote:

> Happy New Year!
>
> I currently use my IBM Aptiva S-90 200mhz Pentium MMX , 32mb RAM, 2MB
> ATI Mach 64.
> I use POV-Ray v3.2 32bit
>
> What hardware should I purchase to speed up my rendering performance?
>
> Thanks, and please reply by email.
>
> --
> John P. Kavanagh
> Kav### [at] aolcom
> Buffalo, NY
>
> Stellar Link    http://stellarlink.base.org
>   - Web Page Design
>   - Photorealistic Art
>   - Space Resources on the Internet
>   - Space Consulting
>
> PGP public key available upon request.

Post a reply to this message

> More memory and SCSI only. Having only SCSI in your system can reduce
> render
> times 30%
>
> Timothy A. Grubb

Can you expand on the SCSI part? I am unfamiliar with the details.

Thanks.