POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Jon S  Berndt
Subject: Re: Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension - MOVED TO GUI_EXTENSIONS NEWSGROUP
Date: 16 Nov 1997 10:41:46
Message: <346F143A.CB9F1639@hal-pc.org>
Jon S. Berndt wrote:

> povray.org admin team wrote:
> >
> > I can't say why this would be the case. Extensions do work (I tested one for
> > someone else only a few weeks ago). Try turning on debug (use pvengine.exe
> > /debug and look for c:\povray.dbg after pvengine has exited.)
>
> I wondered if there was a way to do this - turning on debug.
>
> > If this still doesn't help, then compile the povray for windows source and step
> > through the initialisation code (LoadGUIExtensions () in PVGUIEXT.C).

I get no povray.dbg ..... WAIT! Oh, yes I do. I did not take you
literally when you said c:\povray.dbg. Ooops, my fault. I looked in the
same directory as my extension, as well as the entire drive where my POV
installation is located. It IS in c:\povray.dbg. ANd here it is:

--- povray.dbg ---
querying registry
Win32 getHome () succeeded, HomePath is 'h:\povray'
INI path is 'H:\POVRAY\INI'
PovEdit path is 'H:\POVRAY\BIN\EDITDLL.DLL'
INI version is win32, and we are win32
Could not get Init process address for GUI extension
'h:\POVRAY\bin\guidemo.pge', error code is 0000007f
Entering GetMessage () loop
--- end povray.dbg ---

Can you tell me what this error means? I am going to check the extension
code again. I surmise I have not overridden or defined something I
should have....

 Thanks,

 Jon Berndt