POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Shawn Fumo
Subject: Re: What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one?
Date: 10 Nov 1997 03:16:08
Message: <3466C2C8.11B3@the-spa.com>
povray.org admin team wrote:

> > Shortly after Pov 3 was released there was a PovTeam announcement
> >that a mailing list would be formed for parties interested in writing extensions.
> >I expressed interest in that but nothing seemed to ever have happened.
>
> Indeed such a list was created. About 5 people joined it. I posted a message on
> it asking the members for their opinions about development options. No-one even
> replied.
>
> The list existed up until about two months ago when it got nuked without a
> single message (apart from my own) ever having been posted on it.
>
> -- Chris

Well, from what I have heard so far, the problem seems more one of
publicity than interest. I think a lot of people either missed that
first annoncement, or were busy with just installing the new version at
the time.

From what everyone has been saying, everyone seems to either not know
about it, or remember the announcement vaegly, but not realize something
was ever actually done.

I think that if a message with more information was put in these
newsgroups and/or the web pages and/or C.G.R.R., there would be much
more interest this time around.

Having a seperate newsgroup in here on that topic might help, too. I
think it is worth giving it another shot...

Just my 0.023 cents. =)
Shawn

sha### [at] the-spacom
http://www.the-spa.com/shawn.fumo/