On 22/03/2018 11:11, clipka wrote:
> Am 22.03.2018 um 09:33 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 20/03/2018 23:42, Alain wrote:
>>>> I ran into the same problem myself, last week.
>>>> It was from using machine generated code that I was rendering
>>>> manually from a different directory than where it was created.
>>> When using those machine generated scenes, check if it contains any
>>> hard coded paths and other full files paths.
>>> Those are totally non-portable, even within a single machine.
>> For once I cannot agree with you, Alain.
>> If I am using image_maps or df3s and don't use the full file paths. I
>> would gave to copy the images or df3s into the current directory. In the
>> past when I did not use the full file paths. I ended up with multiple
>> copies of the same file in scores of locations. Considering the number
>> of image maps Poser can use. It is a waste of space and be confusing.
> A smart approach to this might be to use variables for the file name,
> and place them at the top of the scene file (or even in the INI file).
> That way you can quickly see whether the scene uses files from a
> location other than the scene directory (and you can quickly change it
> if necessary, without having to sift through the entire scene file and
> possibly a couple of include files).
That sounds a good idea if you are hand coding your scenes. Although it
seems like a lot of work for little benefit if your scene is exported
with the paths included. PoseRay has that option and that is what I do
for my own rendering. For sharing scenes I don't use that option and the
image maps are exported to the directory that the mesh2 is saved in. So
the set can be zipped together.
The problem I mentioned above was a missing file (a df3). And was
quickly rectified when Pov said it wasn't where the SDL said it was. I
must have cut and pasted instead of copy and pasting.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Post a reply to this message