LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> Somebody can tell me ? I there somebody on earth that can compiling this
> >> patch ? lol
> > I did manage to compile MCPov on Linux Debian "Etch" - but without running into
> > the problem you reported, so I'm probably not much help on this issue ;)
> Ok, so you can probably help. What are the steps to compiling ? Which
> files copying, wich config file ? etc... Thanks
Basically all I did was...
(1) Unpack the MegaPOV 1.2.1 source code to somewhere
(2) Make sure I could compile original MegaPOV from that source
(3) Copy the MCPov source files (overwriting some of the MegaPOV source files)
(4) Add the new modules to the makefile
(5) Hack a few files to make sure MCPov would in *some* way identify itself as
such when run, so I'd be able to tell it apart from MegaPOV
(6) Compile, test and run
I'll try to elaborate more on steps (2) and (4) later, but I may need to retrace
(no pun intended) my own steps.
BTW, I think I didn't really install it, so I wouldn't risk messing up my
MegaPOV installation (official Linux AMD 64-bit binary from MegaPOV homepage).
Instead, the MCPov binary is just sitting somewhere in my home directory tree,
using MegaPOV's resources (include files and such) if I'm not mistaken.
Post a reply to this message