POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling for CentOS 5.10 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:56:17 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling for CentOS 5.10 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Excentp
Subject: Compiling for CentOS 5.10
Date: 11 Feb 2014 20:00:00
Message: <web.52fac755512ca14d21b1a1f00@news.povray.org>
Hi I'm currently facing issues when compiling POV-Ray for Centos 5.10.

The issue is that I have issues linking with the boost library.

I have downloaded boost 1.41 in bz2 form seeing how there were issues with the
1.50 version of the libraries. Then I proceeded to only install the thread
libraries.

However, there were issues with linking the boost thread libraries. Below is the
output from the failed ./configure execution.

Environment
-----------
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether $C_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path... no
checking whether $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path... no

Programs
--------
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether the g++ compiler works... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for C++ compiler vendor... gnu
checking for g++ version... 4.1.2
checking for ranlib... ranlib

Libraries
---------
checking whether to link with cygwin DLL... no
checking whether to enable static linking... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for boostlib >= 1.37... yes
checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_thread... yes
checking whether the boost thread library is usable... no
configure: error: cannot link with the boost thread library
See `config.log' for more details.

Forgive me if I don't know how to format the excerpt, I'm new here.

Post a reply to this message