POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : config.log -> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvga Server Time
29 Apr 2024 20:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  config.log -> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvga (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: mare
Subject: config.log -> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvga
Date: 8 Jun 2009 18:35:00
Message: <web.4a2d911bbd2c3a0e384938a00@news.povray.org>
hello everybody!
I'm trying to compile povray 3.61 in debian (lenny)amd64
 and config.log has the
following error:

/ usr / bin / ld: can not find-lvga
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: 8450: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| # Line 8423 "configure"
| / * Confdefs.h. * /

and the exit of configure:

checking for vga_init in -lvga... no
configure: SVGAlib display will be disabled

Does anyone know why?
Thank you!

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: config.log -> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvga
Date: 8 Jun 2009 19:00:01
Message: <web.4a2d96e7cb9f6547de4a901d0@news.povray.org>
"mare" <por### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hello everybody!
> I'm trying to compile povray 3.61 in debian (lenny)amd64
>  and config.log has the
> following error:

Are you sure it's really an error (i.e. POV-Ray doesn't compile), and not just
an info / warning?

> checking for vga_init in -lvga... no
> configure: SVGAlib display will be disabled

Sounds to me like you just don't have SVGAlib (development) package installed,
so POV-Ray compiles without that feature.

Post a reply to this message

You can disable svgalib support by adding "--without-svga" when you run
the configure script ... this should resolve your problem.
I think that something has been forgotten when the configure script has
been written so the automatic way doesn't performs as well as it should.