POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No exit code? Server Time
30 Apr 2024 00:48:12 EDT (-0400)
  No exit code? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: No exit code?
Date: 13 Dec 2008 18:45:01
Message: <web.49444884643a78bb6c22a54d0@news.povray.org>
From my experience, it seems that POV (or, to be precise, MegaPOV 1.2.1, but I
guess there shouldn't be a difference there) for Unix does not issue an exit
code when terminating prematurely, although the documentation states it should.

To render a scene that requires other scenes to be rendered first, I set up a
shell script as folows:

    megapov -D MyScene_pre.ini && megapov -D MyScene.ini

Now when MegaPOV reports an error in the first scene, I experience that the
second MegaPOV command is still started.

The same happens when I decide to terminate the render of the first scene by
issuing a SIGTERM to the MegaPOV process.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not supported in the Unix version?

Post a reply to this message