POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling on Centrino Duo Server Time
17 May 2024 13:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling on Centrino Duo (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Zoly
Subject: Compiling on Centrino Duo
Date: 29 Mar 2007 15:30:02
Message: <web.460c2145666fecef1f6a4e110@news.povray.org>
Hi,

As I said before, I have just moved to Linux. My computer has a Intel
Centrino Duo T2600 processor. I know it is not the best (dual core, 32
bits, 2.15GHz) but I also got 2GB RAM and that makes the difference.

I compiled the source code and got good exes. I got 20% more speed than with
the Windows version. My question is whether I can optimize more the
compilation. I just used the ./configure from the source code. Is there any
parameter for gcc that I may include manually to optimize for my processor?

Thanks,
Zoly

Post a reply to this message

To get the best results with your processor, you might get the Intel C++

Compiler (ICC available for free) which will improve a little the
performances. And a bit more if you use the profiling options (this wil
create a first binary to "learn" statistics about code usage and then
permit a better optimization)