POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : error "line 600: povray: command not found" at install Server Time
3 Jun 2024 07:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  error "line 600: povray: command not found" at install (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: SL
Subject: error "line 600: povray: command not found" at install
Date: 7 Jan 2006 00:55:00
Message: <web.43bf572a69a69d091466d05a0@news.povray.org>
As the topic suggests I installed as root and ran the test for hte install
and returned this error, tried a reinstall, same result:

"  The install script will now run a short test render
  to check if POV-Ray is correctly configured.
  This test render will be without display since this
  is will often not work correctly in superuser mode.

  Type 'R' to run the test
  Type 'S' to skip it.

Your choice ([R]/S): r

  running test render...
/home/stephe/Povray/povray-3.6/install: line 600: povray: command not found"

Anyone have any ideas whats going wrong, is it my system.  I'm working with
Vector Linux SOHO 5.0.1 kernel 2.4.29 on a T21 thinkpad
thanks
SL

Post a reply to this message