POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Static compile on a ALPHA machine Server Time
16 Jun 2024 22:40:32 EDT (-0400)
  Static compile on a ALPHA machine (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ron
Subject: Static compile on a ALPHA machine
Date: 7 Dec 2005 18:55:00
Message: <web.439775afc845f2fd58035aeb0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to compile the application on a ALPHA Linux 2.6.13 machine.  I
have used the following configure options:

--disable-shared
--without-x
--without-svga

I am compiling with g++ 3.3.3 and version 3.6.1 of povray.

The compile completes fine but when I run the application I recieve a
segfault in the POVMS_Object code at povmscpp.cpp line 473.  It appears to
be calling the POVMSObject_Copy with a source.data that has a root=0x0.
Printing out the value of the source.data in gdb I get:

{type = 1329744453, size = 0, {ptr = 0x0, items = 0x0, root = 0x0}}

This error goes away when I remove the --disable-shared parameter to the
configure script.  Has anyone else seen this error before or know why it is
happening?

I have a complete backtrace and can provide more information if that would
help anyone diagnose the problem.

-Ron

Post a reply to this message