POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Red Hat linux enterprise Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Red Hat linux enterprise (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: saurabh
Subject: Red Hat linux enterprise
Date: 23 Jun 2005 11:40:01
Message: <web.42bad6b9728aa4b5e4079d340@news.povray.org>
I tried installing pov-ray on red hat linux enterprise using the
instructions provided on the website and I got the following error

POV-Ray 3.6 installation
==========================

This machine does not seem to be a Linux PC.
This version of POV-Ray only runs on x86 Linux machines.
You can obtain a version appropriate for your architecture
on http://www.povray.org/

Any help would be really appreciated

thanks,

> I tried installing pov-ray on red hat linux enterprise using the
> instructions provided on the website and I got the following error
>
> POV-Ray 3.6 installation
> ==========================
>
> This machine does not seem to be a Linux PC.
> This version of POV-Ray only runs on x86 Linux machines.
> You can obtain a version appropriate for your architecture
> on http://www.povray.org/

That message is incomplete - it should be:

This machine does not seem to be a Linux PC.
This version of POV-Ray only runs on x86 Linux machines.
You can obtain a version appropriate for your architecture
on http://www.povray.org/

If you want to force an installation you can use

   install -no-arch-check

And in fact this says everything you need to know.  If your machine is
an x86 PC and you get this message it most likely is an AMD64 - in that
case you can use the binary version but it would be recommended to build
from source since this will result in a much faster version.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______