POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : KDE install error? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:00:30 EDT (-0400)
  KDE install error? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: gregjohn
Subject: KDE install error?
Date: 12 May 2005 22:45:01
Message: <web.428414a2272e216bfe8460780@news.povray.org>
I see:
--------------------------------------------------- ---
installing KDE integration for user 'greg'...
  copying POV-Ray icons...
  generating POV-Ray file types...
  installing main POV-Ray 3.6 submenu...
  installing ini file link...
  installing configuration file link...
  installing documentation link...
  installing sample scene render links...
  modifying povray.conf...
  checking conf file /home/greg/.povray/3.6/povray. conf
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/etc/povray.conf': No su ch file or directory
Error: could not modify povray.conf
Finished installing KDE panel entries

whereas the directory structure is
/usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf

Is the KDE installer looking for the file to change in the wrong
subdirectory?

Post a reply to this message