POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : --- Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:54:58 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: vincent simar
Subject: ---
Date: 30 Mar 2005 06:05:02
Message: <web.424a8694b0930de92f756b7c0@news.povray.org>
I don' t know if it' s the right group to post this, but it' s about Linux
and a well known POV-ray user.

Until now, I don' t use Linux yet, but I try to have a look regularly at
distrowatch to be informed of the different distributions.

Ubuntu is very young, the first release only appears by the end of 2004, and
within the last 3 months it risen so fast on DistroWatch's Hit Ranking.

After a Google search, it' seems that the Ubuntu Project is sponsored by
Canonical, which was founded and is being funded by ... South Africa's Mark
Shuttleworth.

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

You certainly remember "Reach for the Stars", this Image created by Gilles
Tran and Jaime Vives Piqueres, and rendered in orbit by ... Mark
Shuttleworth, a South Africa astronaut on the International Space Station
in 2002 !

http://www.povray.org/posters/

:-)

Post a reply to this message