POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OSX, osascript & Pre/Post_Frame_Commands Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  OSX, osascript & Pre/Post_Frame_Commands (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: chris morgan
Subject: OSX, osascript & Pre/Post_Frame_Commands
Date: 12 Dec 2004 01:45:01
Message: <web.41bbe74fe8f43b5d70217cea0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone had any success using the Pre/Post_Frame_Commands to send an
osascript?

I currently use the Pre/Post_Frame_Commands to  shell out and create a file
that says "working" or "done".  I have an applescript checking this file
periodically so that when the frame is done rendering, the script requests
another frame number and starts it rendering.  I thought a simpler solution
might be to just run an osascript command that changes an applescript
"property" (thus avoiding reading/writing to a file).  However, I can't
seem to get the Pre/Post_Frame_Commands to send even the simplest script.
For example, both of the following don't do anything:

Pre_Frame_Command=osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" ' -e 'display
dialog "hello"' -e 'end tell'

Pre_Frame_Command=../../usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" ' -e
'display dialog "hello"' -e 'end tell'

(I'm just guessing that the path to the command might have something to do
with it.)

I can copy the line to a terminal window and it runs fine.  It just won't
work using the Pre/Post_Frame_Commands.

Lastly, using All_File=true I have checked for error messages but all I get
is the following:

            0:00:00 Performing pre-frame shell-out command

Anyway, if anyone has gotten something like this to work and knows what I am
doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance -
chris

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone had any success using the Pre/Post_Frame_Commands to send an
> osascript?
>
> [...]
>
> Pre_Frame_Command=../../usr/bin/osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" '
> -e 'display dialog "hello"' -e 'end tell'
>
> (I'm just guessing that the path to the command might have something to do
> with it.)

just curious why you're using a relative path to /usr/bin ?
try:

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/