POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Imagemaps with transparency placed on top of glass objects Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:49:17 EDT (-0400)
  Imagemaps with transparency placed on top of glass objects (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: bwright
Subject: Imagemaps with transparency placed on top of glass objects
Date: 12 Nov 2004 05:10:01
Message: <web.41948a26e1b17c6952583de90@news.povray.org>
I'm placing an imagemap (a png image of a logo with an alpha channel
transparency) on a box that's very thin (0.00003 or so thin).  I place this
thin box (mapped with the logo) on top of a rendered glass surface.
Anyway, whenever I render the image, the alpha channel portion of the png
image shows slightly darker on top of the transparent object.  It kind of
resembles a transparent sticker (but I'm not going for this effect). I've
tried making the thin box hollow, no shadow, adding photon pass_through and
every other thing I can think of to get rid of this 'sticker' effect. I'm
also not applying any finish to the imagemap.

On the other hand, If I render the same imagemap on top of a non-transparent
object, the alpha channel portion is not visible (unless I apply some kind
of a finish).

Anyway, is this a bug or is this intentional?

--
Brian Wright